Thursday, February 7, 2008

Let's talk Lent...

Mike and I always try to give up something for Lent and for the past five years or so, we've actually been pretty successful. This year, we came up with a list of things to give up. Yup, that's right.. more than one thing!

- no food/snacks after 10pm (This was a bad habit started during my prenancy.)
- no TV during the weekdays when Dylan is awake (Really more for me than Mike. I just don't think it's a good thing for Dylan to stare at the TV. No matter how I position him, he always manages to find the TV. It would be replaced with more quality time with Mommy like going for walks, playing outside, etc)
- no pasta, white rice, white bread, ice cream, cake, cookies, and other yummy, but carbs. I can have certain "healthy" carbs though since I'm still breastfeeding. Mike, on the other hand, should give up carbs all together, don't you think?


Now for Dylan - We're hoping he gives up his middle of the night feeding(s). Let's see how that turns out. =)

So if when you see us, we're all a bit cranky, it's probably because we haven't had carbs in days and Dylan has been denied his 3am feedings.

No comments: