Thursday, February 7, 2008

Baby Food

One of Dylan's new favorite thing is eating solids. We started with rice cereal when he was 5.5 mths and he wasn't a fan of it at all. Most of it ended on his bib or around his mouth. And it didn't help that I wasn't very good at feeding him with a spoon. I have to admit that Mike was much better at it than me.

When we started to mix in fruits and veggies, he couldn't get enough of it. He loves sweet potatoes. We try to hold off on giving it to him even though they are his favorite because the gas is just too much! Oh, and don't even get me started on the poop.

Here are pictures of his first spoonfuls.

"What is this, Daddy?"

"Oh, GROSS!!!"

Since starting him on solids, I decided to make baby food since it's so much cheaper and a lot healthier. It's also pretty easy to do. Now, we've got a freezer full of avocados, squash, and sweet potatoes. Next, I gonna try carrots, peas, and spinach. hhhmmmm yummy!

No comments: