Thursday, March 13, 2008

At-home Playdate

We had an eventful day at home today. I organized a group of mom's playgroup and we hosted our first play date for the moms at the Peaks. I made a cheese platter, fruit salad, and baked cookies. I even cleaned the house! =)

There were seven moms and 10 kids. The kids ranged from 6months old to 3 years old. It was fun to meet other moms and kids in the neighbor. Most of the kids were older and "mobile" which made me realize maybe I shouldn't have hosted it when Dylan is still this young. The house is definitely not-yet baby proofed. Kids were going up and down the stairs, opening cabinets, etc. I didn't mind it at all, but I felt bad for the moms who were constantly running after their little ones.

Oh well, I did inform them that Dylan was only 7months old... So next time... we'll absolutely baby proofed the house first. In any case, Dylan met new friends and he had a blast!

Sorry, no pictures this time. It was way too hectic to take pictures. I think I have two or three, but they didn't turn out that great (forgot to turn on the flash) so I won't even bother posting them.

Oh, and my homemade peanut butter cookies were a hit!!! (except for the kids with peanut allergies... oopss)


UPDATE: He was asleep minutes after everyone left. He was exhausted playing with his new friends.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

how sweet, what all tuckered out.